- Specialist in Anesthesiology, 1990
- Doctor in Medicine by the Universitat de Barcelona, 2000
- Associated Professor of Anesthesia, in the Universitat de Barcelona, 1999
- Working in Department of Anesthesiology of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona since 1987
- Senior Consultant
- Head of Neuroanesthesiology since 2008
- Responsible of airway coordination in Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
- Vice-president of the Airway Section (SEVA) of the Catalan Society of Anesthesia (SCARTD)
- Vocal of the Neurosciencies subcommittee of the Spanish Society of Anesthesia (SEDAR)
- Dr. med. Felix Kork is a specialist of anesthesia and emergency medicine at the Charité – University Medicine Berlin, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
- His scientific focus is perioperative safety including drug abuse, acute kidney injury, biomarkers and risk prediction models.
- Stefan De Hert received his medical degree at the University of Antwerp, Belgium in 1984. Subsequently he completed anesthesiology residency training at the Antwerp University Hospital. After his training he accepted a faculty position in the department and served as vice chairman of the Department of Anesthesiology at the Antwerp University Hospital and professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Antwerp for over 10 years. From 2007 to 2010 he acted as Professor of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesiology at the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and Director of the Division of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesiology at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam. Presently, he is Professor of Anesthesiology and Director of Research at the Department of Anesthesiology of the University Hospital of Ghent.
- His early work and PhD thesis, which he defended in 1992, explored the role of the endocardial endothelium in the regulation of myocardial function. His academic interests have focused on perioperative cardiac function with emphasis on diastolic function, transesophageal echocardiography, perioperative organ protective strategies and outcome after anesthesia, hemodilution and volume replacement strategies, and perioperative cerebral oxygenation.
- He has authored and co-authored over 160 articles in peer-reviewed journals and several chapters in different textbooks. He is Associate Editor of Anesthesiology, the European Journal of Anaesthesiology, and the Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia and acts as regular reviewer for several major anesthesiology, cardiology and surgery journals.
- Prof. De Hert acted as member and as Chairman of the Subcommittee on Clinical and Experimental Circulation of the ESA. He is currently member of the Research Committee and Chair of the Scientific Committee of the European Society of Anesthesiology.
- Email: AK@OR.org
- Andrea Kurz, M.D. attended the University of Vienna School of Medicine (1983-1987), and completed an anesthesia residency and fellowship at the University of Vienna (1987-1993).
- She was then a research fellow in the OUTCOMES RESEARCH Consortium Laboratory in San Francisco and an Associate Professor in the Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care at the University of California in San Francisco (1993-1996).
- Subsequently, she was Professor of Anesthesia in the Department of Anesthesia and General Intensive Care at the University of Vienna.
- Dr. Kurz was an Associate Professor of Anesthesia at Washington University in St. Louis for four years where she directly the Department of Anesthesia Clinical Research Center. She subsequently chaired the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Bern for four years, a period of extraordinary research productivity for the Department.
- Dr. Kurz is now Vice-chair, Department of Outcomes Research at the Cleveland Clinic.
- is Professor of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine at University College Cork, Ireland and Director of the ASSERT for Health Centre at UCC. Formerly he was Dean of the School of Medicine, UCC (2010-13) and Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at Harvard Medical School, Boston USA. Appointed consultant anaesthetist at Cork University Hospital (1997), Honorary Consultant to the South Infirmary and Victoria Hospitals (1998), and Honorary President, Irish Association of Anaesthetic and Recovery Nurses (2002).
- He has served as Chairman of Irish Universities and Medical Schools Consortium and the Council of Deans of Medical Schools in Ireland and of the Education Committee of the European Federation of IASP Chapters. He has acted as Reviewer and consultant for the U.S. Department of Health and was a ministerial appointment to the European Agency for Evaluation of Medicinal Products. He has authored (or co-authored) approximately 200 articles for peer review journals and textbooks, edited two textbooks of anaesthesia and is principal or co-investigator for peer reviewed grants awarded and valued at > EU 15 M. He has acted as reviewer for the Cochrane Pain and Palliative Care Group, international granting bodies, and 12 peer review journals.
- And is a member (or former member ) of the Editorial Boards of International Anesthesiology Clinics, European Journal of Anaesthesia, Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, the British Journal of Anaesthesia (as Associate Editor) and the Journal of Perioperative Medicine.
- Department of Anesthesiology
- St Luc Hospital, UCL Medical School, University Catholic of Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 10 - UCL 1821, Brussels, Belgium
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently working in: General Anesthesiology, Obstetric Anesthesiology and Pain Clinic
- Director of the Acute Postoperative Pain Unit (Saint Luc Hospital, Brussels)
- Visiting Scholarship Program : Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA (Pain
- Mechanisms Laboratory, Pr Eisenach), June 1997-June 1998 and September 2002-November 2002
- THESIS of DOCTORAT (PhD degree) 1999: in Medical Science : « Alternative Drugs to Spinally administered Opiates in Animal Models of Neuropathic Pain », Imprimatur in 1999
- Past-chairperson of the Scientic Subcommittee 14 of European Society of Anesthesiologists – ESA,Subcommittee on “Acute and Chronic Pain”)
- Associate Editor for Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine – (American Society of Regional Anesthesia)
- Associate Editor for European Journal of Anaesthesiology - (European Society of Anaesthesiology)
- Expert member of the Faculty of 1000 Medicine, section Anesthesiology & Pain Management (faculty member of Regional Anesthesia board )
- Member of the Faculty of 1000 Medicine Reports Advisory Board for Anesthesiology & Pain Management (Acute clinical board including T. Brennan, C. Stein, P. White)
- Member of the Belgian Federal Agency of Medicines and Health Products for human use (subcommittee of the European Medicines Agency - EMEA)
- Chief Medical Officer Fresenius Kabi AG, Bad Homburg, Germany
- Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine
- University Hospital of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
- Professor Westphal was born August 29, 1970. He qualified from the Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University in Frankfurt and started his medical education at the University of Muenster in 1999. In 2003/2004 he undertook a postdoc fellowship at the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Texas, USA. Thereafter, he accomplished his medical training in Anesthesiology at the University of Muenster and did a special training in Intensive Care Medicine.
- His primary research interests include sepsis, multiple organ dysfunction, perioperative fluid therapy and blood transfusion. His publications list includes more than 150 peer-reviewed papers and approx. 300 abstracts. He has given more than 500 national and international presentations and received many awards related to research in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
- In October 2009, he has been appointed as Chief Medical Officer of Fresenius Kabi AG, as well as Head of Global Medical, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs.